Friday, December 30, 2022

#OffTheInternet Chapter 3: Hello, World!

It is already 0133hr on 12 December.

Nope, I am not waiting to check out my cart with the virtual coupons I have been saving for the 12.12 sales. I have already made purchases before today.

On and off I have been thinking about this Blogsphere I have crafted out since 2014. I thought keeping a low key life will motivate me to be a better adult. Certainly, it have not.

Just as I am writing on the edit page, I navigated to my blog and counted the numbers of remaining blog posts I have left.  Less than 50. Reminisced on the late nights and efforts I have once put into to create contents and shinning the positive sun ray with an ending quote in each post. 

In just a few months, I received my very first editorial request while I am away in Vancouver. The request was sent directly to me. 

//
What a great time. 
//

I had experienced "live" how childish human can still be, even when they are in their adulthood. There is no limit to how high is the sky, there is also no limit to respecting each other's boundaries. Off the internet for 3 years plus, I still adore this space. 

After I vented my frustration to a buddy, it inspired me to start writing once more. Merely to ensure that I never violate the terms of my employee's contract, I set my social media accounts to private.

While thinking through what I have done for myself while I am #OffTheInternet, I am proud. 

For marking the fifth year in my first job, I organized a tea time mini party at the cafeteria in the main office to celebrate this wonderful time and appreciated their support since my first day with this company. I have joined this company as the pioneer batch of the Earn and Learn Program. A initiative from SkillFuture before Covid-19 greet us unwelcome. 

No matter what had happened, I am still glad to be in this company as my first job. 

Yours Sincerely, 
Shirley Charlin 李