Saturday, October 11, 2014

The Fashion Barbie Confession Tag

I was mocked by my peers for calling myself Fashion Barbie. I do not find anything disgusting or whatsoever. Whenever I hashtag fashion barbie on any of my social media, I will deem to have harsh remarks by my peers. Then just yesterday a new friend of mine told me about this tumblr, it irks me . To be honest, some of them who are featured in this tumblr page actually has pretty great sense for fashion. However, each picture have critical remarks on them. 

People took time to dress nicely, get criticized. Whereas, people who just wear really really causally also get criticized. So, should all of the fashionable people in Singapore just migrate to other countries who are more into fashion? That does not makes any sense to me.

In this post I would want to share with you some facts about me. I used to wear over sized tee shirts and bottoms. My mother only allowed us to choose our own clothes after our grandpa passed away. I think I was already 16 years old. 

Then I started to get really vain. Hahaha! I started to try out many clothes and then created this blog. Being inspired by many and motivated by my friends. I started to post my Outfit Of The Day (OOTD) occasionally. Each time I updated an OOTD blog post, I will add Fashion Barbie and Shirley Charlin on to the label section. I am really proud of my OOTD cos I do like the outfit I was wearing for the post. Even though the photos were not professionally taken. I am really happy because I am doing what I have always wanted to do and I enjoyed doing. I would really like to thank my friends who were willing to help me to take the pictures.

How can I afford all of the clothes I owned?

Frankly speaking, I worked hard to buy all of the clothes I wanted. I get really angry at myself a lot when someone choose my clothes for me and then I have pretend to like them out of courtesy. In fact, I actually like vintage clothes. I got to work more part time jobs during my semester break. I will start to hunt for the clothing that I have pinned in my Pinterest account and then start to think on how to match it with the humid weather. 

I really really like bold prints and also mix patterns. *awkward* 

I do receive some emails from various local blog shop companies to ask me to participate in their exclusive blogger sponsorship campaigns. LOL! Of cos, I declined them all except for the first ( time I had ever received, that kind of ) email. I do not need to participate in some sponsorship campaigns and then "beg" the companies to give me clothes. If they want to sponsor me, I would say Thank You. Else, I do not see any need for me to actually sign up for any of their blogger sponsorship campaign. 

What do I think of the kind of outfit you wear?

I do not find anything wrong with wearing what you want to wear. I want to be one of a kind. I might not be pretty, slim nor tall, neither am I popular. I do have my own ways to express myself and showing others how unique am I. I am fine with any kind of outfit that I wanted to wear for that day. I do have wardrobe malfunction times. I will get inspiration from Pinterest or any of my favourite fashion bloggers such as Pale Division, The Blonde Salad, BryanBoy, Amy Valentine, Jag Lever and MilkWoman. My most liked bloggers who dare to wear. They started as a small passionate blogger. As they work hard in each and every posts, they gained really good reputation and be to what they are today- A Fashion Inspiration. 

What makes you a confidence person.

I am not a perfect person, I always tell myself every morning when I wake up that I WILL step out of my comfort zone and explore more. I am still a poor student, applying and receiving financial assistance from school or else my aunts will have to pay for my school fees. Because I work hard, I do not feel ashamed to be honest to anyone that I have a DECENT part time job in a cafe. I earned money to buy and pay for my stuffs. I am still schooling and having great time coping with school and work. Can you believe this? However, I only have school holidays to hang out with friends. The cafe that I am working in, just open some weekday shift for the part timers. I am really not good in the job, I am really blessed to still be able to work in the cafe. At least I get to have extra more than $100 every schooling month. 

And then during the semester break I will look for other jobs to work on the weekdays. By Christmas, I can really get my desired DSLR with every gadgets I needed. The webcam that my laptop already have pre-installed, is damaged. This make me so sad as I thought I could film some haul videos and maybe my first photo-lookbook onto my YouTube channel when I am not working. 

Anyway, I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW SEMESTER!

Quote of the post:

"“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” 



With loves,
Shirley Charlin